I am from Ireland but want to visit Kuwait for a few weeks but I don’t know the procedure for getting a visiting visa. Will I have to get the visit visa in Ireland or can I get it in Kuwait when I arrive there as I understand a lot of countries have an arrangement by which they give such visas at the border posts? Secondly are there any connected procedures that have to be followed by visitors to Kuwait.
Name withheld Answer: Your nationality gives you the advantage of getting a visit visa on arrival at Kuwait Airport or at any of this country’s border posts which has an immigration facility? This is because Kuwait’s Ministry of Interior, allows nationals of the following 35 countries (besides the nationals of the Gulf Cooperation Council) to be granted the visit visas to Kuwait upon their arrival at Kuwait International Airport or any other border entry point into the country: United States of America, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Finland, Spain, Monaco, The Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, South Korea, China, Poland.
Besides the above 35 categories, Kuwait also allows visas on entry to certain categories of expatriates (besides the GCC nationals) who are residing in the GCC states.
1. All the people who arrive at border entry point and require a visit visa must be in possession of a return ticket.
2. The concerned authorities in Kuwait reserve the right to refuse admission to any person into the country without the need to offer an explanation.
3. The person applying for the visit visa should not have been blacklisted by the Kuwait authorities.
4. The visa applicant should be holding a passport valid for over six months from the date of starting his Kuwait visit.
5. The applicant should register his residence address in Kuwait while applying for the visa at visas counter at the airport or any other border entry point.
Sometimes, although it is rarely the case, the authorities would also like to have details of the person you would be staying with or visiting.
As you see, your country is among those which can get a visit visa at any of Kuwait’s border entry points.
Except for the above there is no other procedure that you need to follow on arrival in the country.